Friday, January 20, 2012

alone again naturally

When I was driving into work this morning my eye was caught by what appeared to be a dirty clump of snow hanging from an overhead wire. As I got closer I saw that it was a white with gray speckled feathers pigeon, all alone on the wire against a white sky and dirty speckled snow background.
I wondered why this guy was all alone as I drove on and spied overhead wires with clumps of pigeons huddled together. When I saw church roofs clotted with pigeons at the base of the spires.
Was he being ostracized for the colors of his feathers? Or maybe he is just a loner and doesn’t like to participate in group activities. Maybe he needed alone time to think his little pigeon thoughts.

1 comment:

BT Graham said...

Maybe he just needed the solitude. Perhaps he wanted to hear Gilbert O'Sullivan singing "Alone Again Naturally."