Sunday, February 28, 2010

greek night



Earlier this week I bought a nice little rack of lamb at Wegman's. Sunday being my day off, I found some time to plan a Greek menu around it. We started with Avgolemono....Greek lemon soup. I brought a half cup of instant brown rice and 4 cups of chicken broth to a boil for 5 or so minutes. Removed from heat and quickly whipped in two eggs that I had whipped previously with a scant 1/4 cup of lemon juice. I added salt, pepper, dill and a few chopped canned artichokes to my soup.


I drizzled a little olive oil on the rack of lamb and seasoned it with garlic salt, oregano and a sprinkle of lemon juice. Accompaniments were minted peas and Greek country salad.


Although not a Greek dessert, pumpkin mousse went quite well with my gingersnaps.

No comments: