Sunday, February 28, 2010

1st annual powder keg festival


Me standing by one of the big Christmas ornaments on HSBC Plaza.

This weekend was the 1st annual Buffalo Powderkeg Festival. The Buffalo Powder Keg Festival is the brain child of a new group called Roaming Buffaloes, aimed to show off the queen city and celebrate winter in a big way. I can't,however, find anything that explains the name. Still it was fun and I wanted to see the world's largest ice maze that was built for the event on plaza. It is made up of 2300 blocks of ice weighing 300 lbs each and supposedly will be in the Guiness Book of World Records.


Tubing down the closed off Seneca Street off ramp was a big draw for the kids.


inside the maze


B and I having our picture taken on the melting ice bench


an ice throne that I didn't care to sit on after my experience on the ice bench


the ice maze from above

No comments: