Sunday, February 21, 2010

easy way out



Since tax season has started and I'm working six days a week seems lately I have been taking the easy way out of cooking. Wegmans has come out with a new line of frozen stir fry veggies that are very fresh and tasty. Saturday night I cooked chicken to throw in with their edamame, green bean and carrot garlic and ginger stir fry. I have also been taking advantage of their wonderful array of prepared foods and fresh sauces.
I was home today and wanted to get a little more involved in my dinner prep but still took a pretty easy way out. I had B throw these steaks on the grill while I boiled red potatoes and smashed them up with parsley and butter. My salad was a little more work. Raw carrots, beets and beet greens with a dressing made of orange juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and Dijon mustard.



Wegmans yummy heavy moist Energy Marathon loaf made with carrots and nuts



Dessert was fresh pineapple slices broiled with a bit a cinnamon sugar and served with Hagen daz low fat frozen vanilla yogurt.




The best part of dinner was eating it on these green dishes that I love....a Wegmans purchase from a few years back.



While I was in the cooking mood I pounded these chicken breasts thin (a great way to work out frustrations) and prepared a sun dried tomato, kalamata olive, oregano and feta mixture



that I rolled up in them to make these Greek chicken roulades for tomorrow night's dinner.
.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

I would like to eat at your house every night.