Wednesday, December 30, 2009

wooed by wegman's



Like the siren wooing sailors to their destruction, Wegman's seduces me to destroy my bank account. This year I bought most of my Christmas gifts along with my groceries in just a few hours at this store racking up my biggest Wegman's bill ever. Today Wegman's lured me to buy more. I bought this CuisineLite magazine and more groceries than I really needed.


Peppered steak with spinach and tomatoes with potato galettes


my version

I didn't use peppercorns. Instead I used Penzey's Chicago steak seasoning. The bourbon mustard sauce turned out delish. The spinach is flavored with lemon juice and garlic.


As I was checking out I noticed this display of suitcases. My suitcase is on it's last legs and is such a nondescript color that I don't always recognize it at baggage claim. For just $29.99 I bought this suitcase which seems to be fairly well made and will be a stand-out at baggage claim.

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

Come and see me using that sassy suitcase and we will go to Penzey's and get you some more wonderful spices for all your yummy cooking.

barbie said...

I'll have to check out that magazine...or you could just cook me dinner :)