Thursday, February 9, 2012

thoughts of the day

This morning I had a dermatologist appointment. I made it a year ago. I would have forgotten about it had I not gotten a reminder call two days ago. I'm not sure why I even go. I don't need to get half naked and have a doctor look at all the various little spots and freckles on my body. I can do that myself. My doctor is a roly poly guy who reminds me of Humpty Dumpty. My doctor was a roly poly guy who reminded me of Humpty Dumpty. Today he waltzes into the examining room about half the size he used to be. Fat for years and then all of sudden thin as a rail.

On my way to work afterward, driving on the 33, I went to change lanes and before I had a chance to react I ran over a yellow animal that had already been run over by someone else. I know it was a dog or cat because of the color. It had already been smashed and was definitely dead but it made me sick all day that I ran over it again.

I did not have an excellent day at work. I was thinking....What would I miss if I didn't work besides the obvious (the money)? My answer....the clothes. Putting together outfits and being able to have a place to go to wear them. Walking down the hall today I was following a partner and two women clients that he had just met with. They were going on and on about the interior decorating in our office. They just loved everything. The partner said to them...Well, I didn't pick any of it out. I wanted so badly to say "Well, I did. I picked everything out." Because I did. But I didn't say anything. Still it was nice to know they thought it was beautiful.

And lastly, I planned to make cookies and box them up fancy to mail to people for Valentine's Day. I promised to make something homemade for the first five people to respond to a post on Facebook. I planned to make 4 kinds of cookies. I made my dark chocolate pepper ones and I made my mom's favorite sugar cookie recipe in heart shapes. But I ran out of steam and time. I haven't decorated the sugar cookies and I haven't made the other two kinds. One of these was going to be Martha Stewart's Salted Caramel Cookies except that I planned to also dip the bottoms in chocolate. Too late now. I'll probably finish the ones I have made and take them to work on Monday.

And lastly..er, I would like to find some time to mess around with Pinterest. I keep getting emails that people are following me and I've only ever pinned one or two things. I feel like I'm letting them down.

No comments: