Wednesday, February 15, 2012

prose and poetry

My life seems to be controlled by prose and poetry. Everything makes me think of a phrase or song. A person can say almost anything to me and I can burst into a song that incorporates what they said. Or think of a phrase that I read in a book. Or even a nursery rhyme.

Yesterday I was introduced to a new employee. "Mona, I would like for you to meet Veronica." I said "Hello, Veronica, it's nice to meet you". But my brain said to me "Veronica wipes the face of Jesus. Let us pray".

B told me that he was going to Niagara Falls this morning. I asked what he would do there. And then I asked "Frighten a little mouse under a chair?" He said "That must be from some nursery rhyme that I don't know." Although he did admit that it could be a possibility given the building where he was going.

I ask you.....how can a person get through life without knowing or remembering Pussy Cat Pussy Cat Where have you been? I've been to London to visit the queen. Pussy Cat Pussy Cat What did you there?

1 comment:

Miss Linder said...

I do the same thing but also attach things to jingles from commercials.