Thursday, March 18, 2010

st pats



When I came into work on Wednesday morning I found two gold coins and a lottery ticket on my desk....left there by a tall, thin lepechraun.



Look what I won....nothing!



But my lunch was free. I had a gift card with maybe 50 cents left on it. At the Chautauqua Cafe I handed the cashier my gift card and was going to pay the balance ($6) with my debit card. She swiped the gift card and the number wouldn't read, so she punched the number in. Then she told me I had a $34.60 balance remaining on my card. I told her that couldn't be because the card had less than a dollar on it. She doubled checked the number and said "Oh, I put the number in wrong. It took it off someone else's gift card." Then she said "Just go, you're all set." So I did.



And returned to our office that I got to decorate when we built them out about five years ago. I still like all the colors, furniture, carpet, tile...everything. This is the reception room. Decorating and helping to design our office was probably the most fun thing I have ever done. I got to chose absolutely everything.



After work I changed into jeans and remembered these Minnetonka moccasin boots that I bought at a thrift store a couple years ago and had never worn. They exactly matched the sweater that I had worn for St. Pat's Day. B was having dinner at his board meeting so Barb and I had dinner and wine at JoJo's, the new wine bar next to and owned by Black and Blue. My camera battery died so I wasn't able to get pics but it was decorated contemporary but cozy. We shared a grilled romaine salad and a thin crust pizza with cheese,thinly sliced steak,black beans and corn. We had a great time and I would definitely go back to this place again.

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

Well, just look at you. Razz-ma-tazz!

shy_smiley said...

you rock those boots, girl