Thursday, March 25, 2010

it's not easy being green



I came home from work several Saturdays ago to a clean house and a gift. B had replaced all the plants that I had let die in this planter. A peace lily, a mother-in-law's tongue and two hot pink blooming Christmas cactus replaced six pots of dead brown plants. The next Saturday I went in to my sewing room to water them and found the peace lily in great distress. I quickly watered it. Several hours later I went in to check on it and the leaves were all still limp as a noodle. I took it into the shower and gave it a good dousing. I was afraid and ashamed to go look at it the rest of the evening. The next day I ventured a look and found all the leaves green, shiny and standing straight up. Plants are so resilient.



Tonight I checked on them and found my peace lily a bit droopy. He is probably wishing for a home in a different household. Sorry my little peaceable friend. I'll try to take better care of you.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Plants all die a pretty quick death around me. I love them but can't seem to remember they're real.