Wednesday, July 1, 2009

special request


Yesterday a guy that I work with came to my cube with a special request. He had a folded up page from a calendar. It was a picture of green flowers with a blackish background. He said that it looked liked a dress that his wife was going to wear to a wedding next week. He thought I always wore such unique pieces of jewelry and looked so nice and was wondering if I could match something up to the picture and let his wife borrow it for the wedding. It was a nice compliment for me but even more so such a sweet gesture for his wife. I don't have a lot of green in my vast collection but managed to come up with these pieces for him to choose from. Hope she finds something here.

On a funny note....I came back from the bank to find a couple I knew in our reception area. We were surprised to see one another. I knew him from when our sons played baseball together. She was the breadwinner and he was the housedad. He and I would chat during practise. I knew her from workout class at the BAC so we were used to seeing one another in shorts. She said " I didn't recognize you at first with your clothes on."

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

Yes, a nice compliment. Did he choose something?

auntie m said...

I let him take it all with him so she could choose. But I remembered the next day a vintage crystal necklace in greens that isn't even in this photo.. I think it's the one he liked best. It's a nice compliment for you too since so many of my pieces are beaded by you.