Monday, October 13, 2008

a trip to the market


View of Ellicott Creek from Main Street

Saturday morning dawned bright and beautiful. The temperature was 70, the weather was sunny. The sky was unbelievably, breathtaking blue. A trip to the farmer's market was in order. So many of the Saturday mornings this summer had been gray and drizzly for the market. I grabbed my tote and set off walking the block and a half to Main Street. I'm so lucky to live in such a cute village and to be able to walk nearly anywhere I need to go. I crossed the Main Street bridge over Ellicott Creek and less than a block down was the entrance to the market.


Farmer's Market at the Watermill just down the hill to the right


I can hardly wait to see what's in store for me today


golden corn and shiny red apples


sunny yellow sunflowers


a sweet-voiced folk singer serenading the shoppers



a cornucopia of vegetables

I savored the sights and aromas of wines, maple syrup, honey, handmade soaps and chocolates and pastas, breads and relishes. I selected green peppers, red onions, zucchini and amazing Chow chocolate bars. Milk chocolate with smoky sea salt and dark chocolate with curry. I had already tried the white chocolate with cardamom and dark chocolate with pink peppercorn. With a light heart and heavy tote I walked back up the hill through Glen Park to Main Street.


the residents of Glen Park


a view of Glen Falls

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Absolutely gorgeous. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful place.