Sunday, April 15, 2012

my dilemma



I have been thinking for a long time about adding a little accent color in the guest bedroom. The walls are off-white, bisque, bone, whatever. I have a gold bedspread and a dark red, cranberry, burgundy, whatever bedspread. A Tiffany glass lamp with a lot of colors in it including a lot of shades of red. I inherited the Chinese rug from Bill's office when he got a new one. It has a lot of red and oddly enough a purplish pink in it. My desk chair is upholstered in a greenish-gold and clay-colored flower print. There are a lot of shades of red in this room and oddly enough they go well together. There are a number of shades of gold also. I, however, wanted to choose a perfect shade in the red family that somehow brought all these colors together and complimented one another. I also considered a shade of gold instead of red but in the end decided on a red shade for the punch of color and because I was afraid the gold would match too closely to the wood and not have the contrast that I wanted. I considered for a long time painting the arched wall with the window in the alcove but then changed my mind to paint around the twin bookcases on either side.



So here is the color and although I like it on it's own, it's a big failure in the room. It does match my new purse but nothing else. So now I'm choosing another red. But I can't seem to decide on anything and I'm thinking about going back to the gold.



Smudge has no opinion.



So do I go real dark and match the cranberry, confederate red, burnt peanut or do I go for that second or third to last shade of gold? I'm so wishy washy. Or was it all a mistake and I should have left well enough alone? Or mybe even that aqua? Any opinions?

No comments: