Tuesday, June 29, 2010

my good deed



Started out the day by making whole grain pancakes with more berries from our yard. They look pretty on this lustreware platter that my mama won for me in a auction.



Then I spent the day doing my good deed. I made eight kinds of cookies as my donation to the Chinese Auction that we are having at work to raise money for Essential Care for Children....the children's division of Hospice. We are also having a dunk tank at the carnival that our building is holding for the neighborhood tomorrow. Too bad it is only supposed to be 66 and breezy tomorrow. Not the best day for a dunk tank.



I made Chocolate Red Wine, Chocolate Pepper, Rosemary, Sweet Cardamom, Earl Grey, Cornmeal Citrus, Captain Morgan Spice Rum and Honey Lavender cookies.



And for dinner fresh corn salad with tomatoes, celery, onions and chives and parsley from my herb garden.


And chicken with baby bokchoy, shitake mushrooms and carrots in ginger sesame sauce.

No comments: