Sunday, June 27, 2010

food fest



On Saturday I got up and made yummy French toast, donned my exercise rags and went to the BAC where I actually enjoyed my workout. I was dreading it a little because I hate morning exercise. But the total body class went smoothly and my run wasn't hard albeit a bit boring due to my iPod losing it's charge after the first mile. After working out I hit the farmer's market. Cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes and a new kind of leafy green lettuce that grows in a head shape and keeps well according to the farmer. He asked me to report back how I like it.



Two chocolate bars....one dark chocolate with sea salt and the other between milk and dark. The heavy grainy bread included cocoa in the ingredients. We tried hard to like it but the more you chewed it the worse it tasted and I threw it out. Don't put cocoa in bread unless you also put sugar. It tasted just bitter and wrong. The sweet dessert biscuits were wonderful and went well with the berries I picked from our bushes. I used the fromage in a batch of honey lavender fromage cookies.



After lunch I spent more than an hour picking the berries. Just a few years ago I would get maybe a half cup...just enough to sprinkle on a bowl of cereal. My yield this time was a half gallon with more to come.














For dinner....grilled pork chops with maple rub and the yellow squash and zucchini from the market. We also had the sweet biscuits with berries but I was in a hurry and didn't make it pretty, so no photo. Then we watched John Travolta in From Paris With Love. I wouldn't recommend this movie to anyone.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

Love all your food pictures.
And would be so delighted to find the kinds of things you can get at the farmer's markets out there.