Friday, June 25, 2010

living the dream



Now that I am on the wrong side of 55 I've been questioning my life lately. Have I really ever accomplished anything? Have I ever really made a difference in anyone's life? Have I ever really done anything to be proud of or make someone else proud of me? By now shouldn't I be rich or famous or rich and famous? Shouldn't I be living my dream? But what if I never had a dream or couldn't remember my dream when I woke up or wasn't able to identify my dream or had too many dreams to be able to pinpoint the one I wanted to live? What if my dream was a nightmare? What if I am living my dream?



I wanted to live in a castle and work at something all day that was exciting and thrilling. But I do have a home to return to each day after performing work that I like (maybe not love). There are people in my life who I love and who love me. I have music to listen to and books to read and meals to cook and a beautiful world around me for my viewing pleasure. And if I live as long as my grandma and my great-grandma, maybe a whole nother lifetime to make a difference.

1 comment:

shy_smiley said...

Auntie Em. I can't say how it feels to be on the other side of 55, but I can say how it feels to know you: you've made a difference in my life. Be mindful of the moment, for each moment is your dream.