Sunday, June 7, 2009

the hatfields and the mccoys



We have lived in our present home for twenty years. This is the boundary that seperates us from our neighbors on the south side. The property line runs down the middle of all this ground cover and bushes. B has always cared for this little piece of paradise. When new neighbors moved in about five years ago, they approached B about renting a little bulldozer thing and clearing this area. B said no. The neighbor said it was too difficult to take care of it , but B said he had always cared for it and would continue to do so.



Last summer we received a "cease and desist from trespassing on my property" letter by certified mail from our neighbor. He didn't want B to stand on his driveway while B was watering or trimming.



This year our neighbor is caring for everything on his side of the property line himself.

A sidenote - B reported that he saw baby squirrel in the yard today. He said both of his back legs looked fairly useless and he was kind of dragging himself along. I'm wondering if maybe he was born that way. I'll have to keep a lookout for him now. B keeps the yard so beautiful that viewing it today took my breath away. It reminded me of the line in American Beauty. Sometimes there is so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it....like my heart is going to cave in.

1 comment:

Momma_Dee said...

It looks beautiful. B is quite the gardener.