Thursday, June 4, 2009

donna


Carla Mona Donna

Happy Birthday to a longtime friend, Donna. Donna and I met at the public swimming pool where we took our nearly one year old sons for summer swimming lessons. We became close friends. When Jay was in first grade B and I moved away from our Chicago suburb to Buffalo. Years went by and Donna and I only saw one another a scant few times. Then three or four years ago Donna sent me a e-mail urging me to join her, her mom and sister on a trip to Las Vegas. I wasn't able to make that trip but a seed had been planted. We e-mailed back and forth saying we should get together. Two springs ago we finally met halfway at Cedar Point, Ohio...Donna, her sister Carla, me and my friend , Barb, who was taking this picture. We had a fantastic time....like slipping on a favorite pair of slippers...I felt so comfortable with these ladies. We decided to try another trip, so last summer I flew to New York City and met Donna, Carla and Carla's friend, Lorraine. We toured all of Manhattan on a double decker bus, went to Broadway shows, Statue of Liberty , Ellis Island, Top of the Rock, Ground Zero and shopping. It was so much fun that we decided to take a girl trip every summer. We tossed around some cities to visit and finally decided that this year I would go visit them in Chicago and then they would come to Buffalo to see the sights.
I'll be going to Chicago soon for my visit. Can't wait to see you, my good friend.

No comments: