Wednesday, June 3, 2009

dollar sale


I had planned to go to the mall on Memorial Day and pick up some capris and/or shorts for summer. While I was eating breakfast I heard on the morning news that all Goodwills were having a Memorial Day sale. All clothing except shoes and leather coats was one dollar. I have been a good girl for several months keeping my promise to myself that I wouldn't haul anymore thrift store finds into the house. But I couldn't let this one go by. The store was packed, the check-out line long. I found 11 items. I love the sheer white ruffled blouse. I've seen news anchor ladies wearing a similar style recently.


The pink knit top still had the Steinmart tag on it.


Behind the knit top with polka dot collar is a sleeveless black lace blouse still with tag marked $78...$49...$29, a sleevless black knit top with shawl collar, a Michael Simon sweater with crocheted sleeves and a black silk evening dress for all those fancy functions that I go to. Ok, I know that I'll probably never wear the dress.


Navy skirt, black linen skirt with ruffled hem and a wool pea coat like the one Robin gave his daughter in The Wrestler.


As I was checking out I spotted this butter or cheese dish in the case behind the counter - $3 as is. The as is part is a couple small chips and some crazing. On the bottom it is stamped Green and Co Ltd Gresley England. A bit of research revealed this to be a pottery stamp from the 1930s.

2 comments:

Momma_Dee said...

You really cleaned up. The girls and I went to Good Will last Friday and were pretty disappointed in how expensive everything is getting. Mandy saw several shirts she liked but we all refused to pay 5.99 for knit shirts from Target. I still buy books though.

auntie m said...

My Goodwill got very pricey also then all of a sudden changed their pricing scheme. They no longer mark individual items. All blouses are $2, all slacks $3, all dresses $5 etc.