Tuesday, May 24, 2011

i'm feeling much better now


I've always believed that if you have nothing nice to say then you should say nothing at all. I guess I've had nothing nice to say for awhile.

Tonight I attended one of my ASWA board meetings. These ladies are so inspirational and civic minded and full of energy and hope. I wish I could be more like them. I never feel like I fit in well with these ladies who are so dedicated to their work and full of talk about continuing professional education and attending accounting conferences.
We were planning our June meeting which is always the installation of the officers. This year it is also the 60th anniversary of our Buffalo chapter of the American Society of Women Accountants. We are planning to invite past presidents and have an anniversary party with cake and centerpieces on the table. I start to get excited when the talk turns this direction and I offer a suggestion for the centerpieces. I was the one who came up with the idea for our table decorations at our Christmas fundraiser also. The ladies like my ideas and wonder aloud how I come up with such creative things. I think to myself that my ideas aren't really all that creative or wonderful but I am with ladies who think differently than I do. This is what my mind thinks about instead of numbers and financial fraud and tax shelters. So this is what I have to offer my little group. And now I have to get busy making twenty paper birds.

1 comment:

Miss Linder said...

Glad you are back I have missed you.