Sunday, January 3, 2010

my dream



I had a dream last night that has been stuck in my mind all day so I decided to draw a part of it. I used to be able to draw much better than this so pardon my drawing. In my dream B and I were on vacation somewhere. We decided to take a tour. I think we started out on a bus full of people but ended up just the two of us traveling on some kind of large open wagon. The trip was very long through winding country roads. B started to complain that the trip was long and boring but I knew that somewhere along the way we were supposed to come to a historic house. Just as I spotted the George Someone house in the distance, B spotted our original departure point - some kind of apartment complex or resort - down in a valley. He started running toward it and yelled at me to follow but I wanted to see the historic house. He came back and stood by while I entered the house via a set of wooden steps. The floor was hexagon tiles like a honeycomb. Little piles of dried brown leaves sat in various spots on the floor. Opposite the stairs was a door leading back outside. To the right was a china cabinet filled with lustreware which I collect. But to the left was a china refrigerator. A refrigerator made of fine china. The doors opened from the middle and the handle was serpentine and made of gold. Inside it was full of food stored in exquisite little antique dishes. In my dream I could see all these dishes in detail but when I awoke it all started to fade.



This is a terrible drawing but it is an earring that I designed in a dream a few months ago. The outside is a lacy wire wrap with an indistinct shape. The stone is a many faceted pale milky green stone. After I had this dream I went to a jewelry show and I saw a necklace that looked almost exactly like the one I dreamed. I have designed many lovely clothing items in my dreams also, but almost all fades upon awakening. I think living in a dream world may not be so bad.

No comments: